Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Exhale


Then the snow started falling.
This Minnesota sky was holding it's breathe for as long as it could, finally it released the white exhale we've all been waiting for.
I am exhaling tonight with it. I've been holding my breathe too.
It's a funny thing, holding your breathe.
It's the only way stay in the moment, to stay undistracted, to stay strong. But you can't dream. You can't allow yourself to dream. Dreams live in the exhales.
So, tonight- I dream as the snow covers the ground.
I dream that there is a man to come beside me, love me, inspire me, enchant me, and be a comfort to me.
I dream I will be able to be vulnerable, to trust, to let go, to submit to love.
I dream of traveling with my children, so that they will know more than the culture they live in. So that they will see the beauty of others much different than themselves at a young age.
I dream of adopting a child with Down Syndrome.
I dream of this pair of mustard yellow pumas that don't exsist. :-)
I dream of a small house on lake, and falling asleep to the sound of frogs and crickets.
I dream that I will be able to change people's lives through my work, and I will be challenged and proud.
I dream that someday I will be an amazing cook.
I dream that Everest will play the guitar.
I dream that I will grow my own cucumbers and tomatoes.
I dream that I will be encouraging and loving to people who cross my path, and that I will be given the oppurtunity to show people kindness and give them stregnth.

No comments:

Post a Comment