Tuesday, February 12, 2013

3

I hope the Mr will grow into the type of man that will appreciate that I wrote him a poem for his third birthday.  
If you know the story of our crazy lives in this last three years- you know that I owe this little man a poem or two. May God allow me the peace I have tonight on all of his birthdays.
 


You alive in my womb, life became true.

I’ve heard some say that life became new.

But not for us, and not with you

With you there I saw clearly what was truth in this life

And when you, at last, became mine- I was a liar’s wife.

But your soul spoke so clearly and so loudly to me

The truth of your soul brought mine to be free

I sometimes wonder if I can get us through

The world keeps me spinning; I’m sure what to do

But tonight I asked what you will do now that you’re three

You whispered “Climb Mountains” and once again your soul spoke truth to me.







2 comments: